Welcome to CMOJ's Hearing Blog!

If you wish to start from the beginning to the point where I was in Year 11 (2012) to understand me more, please scroll down to find 'Blog Archive'.

Friday 14 October 2016

Busy Busy Busy

Honestly, I am terrible at keeping this blog up but that's because I'm not so motivated considering I feel like the blog is not actually read by readers but in any case there are people who read my blog, I will write when I can...

I've been so busy and always am busy with many things!

One is planning the wedding... Things are coming together and I'm almost through booking everything and now there's just bits and bobs left to do, such as rehearsals, hair trials, food tasting, final preparations and all that. The wedding still doesn't feel real to me... Yet. That happens all the time for me; when there's something coming up, I won't feel it happening until perhaps the day before, just like Disneyworld last year.

I've finally graduated from university and I cannot tell you how pleased I am to achieve 2:1 and finally free from education. I found the last year slightly draining me out because I had a lot of things to deal with, such as deadlines and I was the leader on the exhibition project. But also I was starting to get fed up because I generally felt alone; I've always found it difficult to make new friendships due to my deafness but I'm used to it and it didn't bother me much.

Since graduation, I mainly worked in my summer job, which I enjoyed throughout and spending few day outs with my friends. I was sad to finish the summer job because I doubt I'd be returning again next year considering I was looking for a permanent job now that I finished university.

Not long after finishing summer work, I landed in a part time temporary job at a supermarket where my fiancè works. It was better than going straight to unemployment after summer work and again, something to fill in my time and earn bit of money. Even though I was placed on a small hour contract, they gave me a lot of hours every week because the store is always so busy that they're still understaffed. I am on the checkouts, and I actually quite enjoy it because I still communicate with customers like I did on my summer work, and the colleagues are kind to me. I could get used to this but I'm not entirely sure if it's something I want to do in the long term, as I am now slightly clueless on what to do with my future career plans.

There's not been much any updates since then because I'm simply busy working a lot now... So, I will apologise for any delays in next posts...

Ta-ra,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment