Welcome to CMOJ's Hearing Blog!

If you wish to start from the beginning to the point where I was in Year 11 (2012) to understand me more, please scroll down to find 'Blog Archive'.

Monday 13 July 2015

Summer Holidays

About time that I finished university for this academic year! I've been on summer holidays since early June, so technically I'm on summer holidays until October... 5 months of summer holidays! It's crazy since before, I used to have just 6 weeks of summer holidays in schools but as I progressed in education, I'm getting more free time.

Since breaking up for the summer, I was immediately working as I landed on a summer job as a Distribution Assistant. Basically, my job is to travel with colleagues all over the UK to different schools for uniform sizing events. I just simply help parents and new students to find their uniform sizes before ordering for September. Sounds simple? Well, it's not always simple as I'm literally communicating with hundreds of parents and children every day. Honestly, I was expecting to at least struggle at first but surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. I was able to understand majority of the customers I served and I am quite enjoying it. The only bad part was coming home late in the evenings... Like around 11pm! Some days, I could be travelling to Bournemouth from Nottingham, or to London so it can get really tiring.

Apart from that, I have lots of plans coming up and few already been. I went to the Ear Foundation's annual BBQ on 4th of July with my friends. It was lovely as the sun was shining and I had a hot dog and a burger, along with paying only £1 to get 5 cakes and 50p of 10 shortbread biscuits! Amazingly, we raised £1,400 at this event. My friends and I participated in a competition where we choose a name listed on form to name a teddy bear. My friend picked a name that was the same as her older brother's because... Why not? Turns out she'd actually won it! They announced the winning name and I turned to her saying she'd won... It was a brilliant story.

In few days, I'm meeting my friends again for a day out to Cadbury's World. This time, I get to see my friend back in home town since she couldn't attend the BBQ as she was on holiday. It's been many years since I last visited this place, so I'm looking forward to free chocolate, especially a small cup of melted chocolate!

Next week, I'll be setting off to Bournemouth with my friend, Laura, for our summer break. We've been there last year and we decided that we would make it an annual thing. We've bought quad roller skates since we could skate by the beach as there are pathways. I'm looking forward to catching up with my friend for a week, especially when she's graduating from university on Friday.

After that, it's jetting off to Disneyworld in Florida with my boyfriend and his family! I'm partly worried about the heat, because I don't take it well... At least there's air-con everywhere so at least that's something...

No comments:

Post a Comment